Welcome to the website for the West Suffolk and Borders branch of the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) which is financed by membership subscriptions, sales of books and merchandise and proceeds from national and local beer festivals. CAMRA is a not-for-profit company, limited by guarantee.
Our local branch has over 1000 members so why not join us.
For Whatpub information about pubs in the branch area click here
Website last updated 19th January 2019
New Year message from our Branch Chairman
Our next branch meeting will be held on Wednesday 9th January at 8pm in the fantastic Risby Crown & Castle off the A14 near Bury St Edmunds, just 200 meters from the CLAAS tractor factory.
We are looking for nominations for two awards:
Good Beer Guide 2020!! We need to choose our entries before the spring. Does the quality of your local demand it to be in. Being in the GBG brings recognition to the hard work the publican does to serve great quality real ale and cider. Reply to this email to let me know.
We have a very active Twitter account and an up to date website with news and events happening in West Suffolk. Go take a look and tweet us @wscbeer
Do not forget to score your beers. It may seem odd to some, but this is the best way for CAMRA to keep up with the changing quality of the real ales being served locally. WhatPub, where you can put in your scores, is also a fantastic resource of opening times, pub features and has a map of all the pubs in the region.
Members of West Suffolk CAMRA featured in Wetherspoons news this month! We were kindly invited by the Bury St Edmunds Corn Exchange to preview their beer festival.
For your information Martin Bates has stepped down as chairman of the branch and I was elected at the AGM in November to replace him. Martin has done an exceptional job running the branch and wanted to step down to concentrate on the East Anglian Beer Festival which has grown into an almost full-time job! I’ve only been in the area (Haverhill) for 3 years, having moved from Hertfordshire and being from Newcastle. I would love for you to tell me where the good pubs are and to support CAMRA in promoting Real Ale and Cider and most importantly in saving local pubs for the benefit of yourselves and your community.
|BURY ST EDMUNDS BEER AND CIDER FESTIVAL 1st to 4th MAY 2019
Discover details of Beers, Cider, Food and Entertainment and lots more exciting additions
that will be making their debut at the 2019 festival in May.
Keep checking back for latest information and make a note of the date.
|Latest Festival News|
|Also on this page||Branch Twitter||Pub Walks||CAMRA Twitter||Disclaimers|
Tweets by West Suffolk CAMRA |
Twitter / wscBeer
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Saturday, 13:00 : Today marks one month until the opening of @GBBFWinter! Did you catch our introduction to the Festival? Read all a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Friday, 17:00 : We are launching CAMRA's first pilot education space at the @MancBeerFest next week! The stand will host a range o… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Friday, 15:56 : RT @gbbf: Today marks 200 days until the Great British Beer Festival 2019, 6-10 August! 🎉 Are you coming along this year? Ke… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Friday, 14:27 : RT @gbbf: The Great British Beer Festival has been named as one of @StrangerLondon's top Food + Drink events this year! Check… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Friday, 12:14 : The 30th Exeter Festival of Winter Ales opens today! 🎉 @Exeter_camra Are you popping along to sample some of the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
This is the website of the West Suffolk and Borders of CAMRA.
If you spot an error please please report it to ku.gro.armac.kloffustsew@retsambew
Disclaimer: Please be aware that any reviews or comments expressed in these web pages, be they good, bad or indifferent, are those of the reviewer only and their appearance on this website does not mean that they are endorsed by West Suffolk and Borders branch of Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA)