Welcome to the website for the West Suffolk and Borders branch of the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) which is financed by membership subscriptions, sales of books and merchandise and proceeds from national and local beer festivals. CAMRA is a not-for-profit company, limited by guarantee.
Over 1000 (May 2017) branch members can't be wrong. Find out why by joining CAMRA today? see Contacts
Pakenham Fox is West Suffolk CAMRA Pub of The Year 2018.
For more on this and winners in other categories click here
...and don't forget that in just
BURY ST EDMUNDS
welcomes27th EAST ANGLIAN BEER AND CIDER FESTIVAL
with over 100 Real Ales from East Anglia and beyond
Over 20 Ciders and Perries
Bottle Beer Bar
Free Soft Drinks for drivers
Live Acoustic Music times Wednesday/Thursday from 5.00pm to 9.00pm,
Friday 12.00 noon to 10.30pm and Saturday from 12.00 noon to 8.00pm
Wednesday 18th to Saturday 21st April
Wed, Thurs, Fri 12.00-23.00 hrs Sat 12.00-21.00 hrs
Venue: The Apex, 1 Charter Square, Bury Saint Edmunds IP33 3FD
Click here for Transport and Parking information
Admission FREE* to CAMRA MEMBERS
Admission £3 for non CAMRA members
For more information and beer and cider lists click here
We are looking for volunteers to help with all apsects of our festival.
If you would like to help even for a few hours download the volunteer form here
*with proof of membership
We are just about to have a "Pub walks" page on this site but East Anglian Daily Times have beaten us to it. So if you can't wailt to try a pub walk take a look at this link http://www.suffolkmag.co.uk/8-suffolk-walks-with-cosy-pubs-along-the-way-1-5297830 If you know of a great walk that passes near a great pub please get in touch, see contacts page
Are you a tweeter? Follow West Suffolk CAMRA below
Twitter / wscBeer
- Wednesday, 12:30 : RT @nickbse: @wscBeer @churchendbeer @TheApexVenue @buryfree @BuryStEdBeyond Current @CAMRA_Official Champion Beer of Britain.
- Wednesday, 12:05 : HOLY COW! It’s, er, GOAT’S MILK from @churchendbeer and it’s coming to the 27th EAST ANGLIAN BEER & CIDER FESTIVAL… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Wednesday, 08:17 : ELSIE MO from @CRBrewery will be flying in to the 27th EAST ANGLIAN BEER & CIDER FESTIVAL @TheApexVenue BURY ST EDM… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Wednesday, 07:49 : RT @SEEssexCAMRA: It's beer, but not as we know it: scientists dispense with need for hops theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2…
- Tuesday, 14:11 : RT @trippywoo: Any former Punch pubs out there who have had one of these put up? pic.twitter.com/FYMf22BkiU
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Wednesday, 12:10 : There's still plenty of time to get your questions in for the Revitalisation Q&A session this evening - just post y… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Wednesday, 08:38 : An inside look into the #fitzroytavern on @LondonLive: londonlive.co.uk/news/2018-03-2…
- Wednesday, 08:24 : Have you voted and had your say on the future of CAMRA? One of the proposals is aiming to ensure that the Campaign… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Wednesday, 07:40 : Our Revitalisation Q&A session with National Director Andy Shaw takes place tonight at 7pm. Get your questions in e… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Tuesday, 20:50 : All members should have been sent voting codes in order to vote on the Special Resolution and the National Executiv… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
This is the website of the West Suffolk and Borders of CAMRA. The views expressed are not necessarily those of the webmaster, Campaign for Real Ale Ltd or this branch. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information on the website is accurate and up to date, no responsibility for errors and omissions can be accepted.
If you spot an error please please report it to ku.gro.armac.kloffustsew@retsambew
Disclaimer: Please be aware that any reviews or comments expressed in these web pages, be they good, bad or indifferent, are those of the reviewer only and their appearance on this website does not mean that they are endorsed by West Suffolk and Borders branch of Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA)